I love sweet potato, as you all know, but muffins were getting a little tired. Luckily, as I was driving (when many of my good ideas strike) a lightning bolt of genius hit me. Sweet potato truffles. After 10 minutes or so of daydreaming, I had the recipe completely dialed. I was so impressed with my ingenuity! As soon as I got home I checked online to see if I was as original as I thought and my bubble was quickly deflated. Already been created. Ah well. My truffle recipe came to me organically in a moment of divine inspiration. That’s good enough for me! 😀 Plus, they are super duper tasty, which in the end is all that matters anyway, isn’t it?
Sweet Potato Truffles
- 1 1/2 cup baked sweet potato (one medium sweet potato)
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 + tbsp maple syrup (I used 1 tbsp and it was just slightly sweet, perfect for me)
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch nutmeg
- *2 tbsp mesquite flour
- Bake sweet potato on 400 for 35-40 minutes
- Add baked sweet potato sans skin along with all other ingredients to food processor.
- Process until all ingredients are combined and nice and smooth
- Roll out ‘dough’ into balls a little smaller than a golfball – my recipe made 26 truffles
- Place truffles on a plate and put in freezer to set for about 20 minutes
- Once they are set, dip truffles in whatever toppings you’d like. I used cacao powder, ground coconut flakes and my homemade chocolate.
These truffles were yummy, nutritious, fairly easy to make and so pretty! I needed some help with clean up so I enlisted my little elf. She’s good at cleaning chocolately bowls. ❤